Senior Manager/ Head of Diagnostics
The Sr. Manager/Head of Diagnostics serves to lead a team to develop and expand our Rapid Pathogen Detection products, explore new technologies and identify creative and robust solutions to overcome current technological limitations.
- A highly competent and motivated individual with industrial or equivalent experience in developing molecular diagnostic products (in vitro diagnostic devices)
- Managing all aspects of taking our R&D through design for manufacturing and manufacturing. Assuring high quality along the production chain.
- Managing and mentoring scientists in a R&D team including a role model leadership skills, proactive performance management, serve as a subject matter expert leader in matrix fast paced environment, influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks; contribute and drive strategic direction for projects; think outside the box and be a champion for the business.
- Using her/his comprehensive knowledge of biology/engineering to bring products to market.
- Actively participates in setting function/department objectives to meet goals and objectives, communicates and functions effectively in a multi-team environment
- Constructs and verbally delivers technical presentations that articulates the complete, hypothesis driven experimental path, all relevant outcomes including technical challenges, successes, failures and the key conclusions, including recommended next step
- Authors and/or edits internal and externally facing technical documents, such as application notes and user guides
- Works with Supervisors and Managers across the organisation to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology or a related discipline in Biological Sciences or Engineering AND 5 years of postdoctoral experience, hands-on research and product development experience preferably in an industrial setting or equivalent;
- OR a masters degree in Systems Engineering or Molecular Biology, or a related discipline in Biological or Engineering Sciences AND 5 years of industrial experience in product development focused on diagnostics, hands-on research and development experience
- 7 years of proven record of managing a team of scientist in a molecular diagnostic or equivalent product development environment